Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thinking Maps Final


As I stated in the previous post, working with the information from this professional development with arts-based research provided a fun, creative opportunity for me to work with my understanding of thinking maps to plan how I can continue to utilize this learning strategy in my classroom. Planning out a way to further apply thinking maps and allow my students to become more familiar with them provided and interesting challenge that could be investigated through arts-based research. I developed a series of images that could be used to generate a better connection between the learning strategy and my students. Continued interaction with the professional development allowed me to continue to reflect on the application possibilities and further ingrain this learning tool into my practice.

Each drawing in the image is representative of one of the eight different thinking maps. As I used thinking maps throughout the year, my students and I would refer to different maps with nick names. The circle map became the doughnut because that was the basic structure in the map. I think it will be fun to use these images in relation with the different maps next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment